Wednesday 18 September 2019

Day Three As A Student

After yesterday's jolly to Bradford I woke up this morning feeling inspired and after checking through the photographs that I had taken yesterday I spotted three particular photos that never stood out to me at all while taking them and never stood out to me at all while writing yesterdays posts or checking through them last night, yet, I found myself thinking about them when I woke up this morning. 

The images were taken while looking at some tv screens in the Media Museum. The screens are shaped like photograph frames, I have a set of similar photo frames at home and it never registered to me that they were actually TV screens as I was concentrating so hard on getting my bracketing shots and setting the camera.

I had been discussing bracketing with another student at lunchtime and I decided to give it a go that afternoon which resulted in these particular three shots.

I looked at them and realised that as I looked at them from left to right as people do when reading (with some exceptions) a couple of the pictures had changed and it took me by surprise that when you first look at the three pictures, they look very much the same and it was at that point I realized they were actually tv screens.

I decided to put them side by side in the order taken and as I arranged them side by side on a blank PowerPoint slide I just loved the way they stood out amongst the white background and, spot the difference was born.



Already on Day three I have created my very own piece of artwork, something that for the very first time I have been compelled to google 'how to create a copy right sign on a qwerty keyboard'...

That was all done before 10am...

I toddled off to the freshers fair, signed up to some great opportunities such as the film club and student ambassador program, acquired a few pens and lots of post it note pads, then familiarized myself with the campus moodle VLN in the library.

I have already started to use One Note to make a plan for my Faces in Places Project and have used it to snapshot some google resources I have found.

I am still snapping faces wherever I go and it has been fun, explaining to people what I am doing so that I am not labelled some nutter wherever I go and standing discussing with the kids if the subject is face like or not.











No comments:

Post a Comment

TEDx Oldham 21/11/19

I was very fortunate to be invited to cover the photography at the Enterprise Trust TEDx Oldham event at the Oldham University Campu...