Monday 11 November 2019

Experimental Practice

We have been learning about experimental practice which has inspired me to play around and look at the photographs I have taken in a different way, and today I stumbled upon using the noise in my photographs when taken at low light.

My initial intention was to gather a number of fireworks pictures and stack them in photoshop and end up with an array of fireworks on one picture.

Using the series of fireworks photographs that I had taken on bonfire night, looking across towards Manchester from Hartshead Pike, my intention was to capture some pretty fireworks dotted across Ashton, Oldham and Manchester. 

I wasn't impressed with the noise in the photographs but on one I noticed a lively part of the picture to the right hand side and decided to enlarge it. To my surprise I loved the effect I ended up with, it looked like a painting or drawing which I loved the grainy detail of the car and headlights driving along the road under the street lights and the pub just ahead of it.

F8, 1/200, ISO 25600, exposure bias + 1 step











No comments:

Post a Comment

TEDx Oldham 21/11/19

I was very fortunate to be invited to cover the photography at the Enterprise Trust TEDx Oldham event at the Oldham University Campu...