Saturday 23 November 2019

TEDx Oldham 21/11/19






I was very fortunate to be invited to cover the photography at the Enterprise Trust TEDx Oldham event at the Oldham University Campus with the topic of 'Create Your Future From Your Passion'.

The event title could not have been more perfect for me and listening to the speakers was inspiring.
There were a number of speakers from the Oldham Business Community sharing their stories of success and failure and their experience of support from the Enterprise Trust.

The low light in the theatre worried me at first and I thought I would find it difficult but the lighting set the tone nicely. I prefer the look of dark images over the bright clean look I just had to make sure I balanced my ISO correctly.

I enjoyed moving around freely although I did worry that I may have been a tad off-putting to the speakers but no one seemed to mind, everyone was very accommodating of my camera snap happy ways and I really enjoyed the uplifting atmosphere, so I managed to get plenty of happy faces where I needed them and everyone was very photogenic which made it all the more fun.

I decided to put the images in to a small hard backed book to commemorate the occasion and send to the TEDx Oldham event organisers and as a bonus I was given an online version so all the participants can have a copy if they so wish.

To take a peek at my book comprising of pictures taken at the event click on the pages below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

TEDx Oldham 21/11/19

I was very fortunate to be invited to cover the photography at the Enterprise Trust TEDx Oldham event at the Oldham University Campu...