Monday 16 September 2019

My First Day as an FdA Photography Student

Today was my first day as a photography student. The day was all about orienteering us all through the campus and learning what is on offer.

I have been apprehensive about becoming a mature student and was hoping the course was not full of spotty kids fresh out of College, but I was pleasantly surprised to find most of the other students on my course are all mature students, and I was not the oldest of the bunch.

There are 9 on our course so the fact that it is a small group is a bonus and I won't be fighting for the tutor's attention. The campus is fantastic, lots of support is on offer to help us through our time on the course.

We have had an easy day today and everyone is very approachable, the coffee is great,  I am looking forwards to what is in store over the next 3 years.

Our first assignment has been handed to us to get our teeth stuck into and so far I have found it an easy task and have enjoyed running round taking photos of faces where you wouldn't believe there were any.

This blog will follow my journey as a photography student and document my progress and achievements, and my highs and lows as a photographer hopefully developing from a terrible amateur to a fully fledged professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEDx Oldham 21/11/19

I was very fortunate to be invited to cover the photography at the Enterprise Trust TEDx Oldham event at the Oldham University Campu...